Saturday, January 15, 2011

Oh Gym, where have you been all my life?

I must admit, I'm out of shape.  Having 2 kids not only makes your body change A LOT, but it makes it very difficult to find any time for yourself.  That being said, I've never really been in "tip top shape" so to speak, but I was once more muscular.

Been feeling sorta down and stressed out lately.  I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the weather being so horrible.  Didn't I move to North Carolina to get away from the Ohio weather?  Um yes... and this year I feel like I'm back up there!  (except w/o my family :(   )

So anyway, I decided to join a gym.  I don't have a lot of spending money every month, but decided to dedicate a little bit of it each month towards a gym membership.  So far, money well spent.  I LOVE it.  Usually I had to wait till the weather was nice, or the kids were napping, etc... before I could go for a run or do a workout video.  Let me tell you, this is so much nicer!  I don't have kids hanging on me while trying to get in a good workout, I'm around ONLY adults, and the temperature is always (generally) the same.  No more waiting for the perfect moment.

Right now I am trying to figure out the best time to go.  Either after Brian gets home or after Wesley goes to bed.  I met with a personal trainer today for some pointers.  It's free for the first couple times, so I just did it for fun.  It was great!  I really got some great ideas.  I had no idea how to use the free weights correctly and what exercises I can do to help me.

It's already helped my stress levels and the tension in my back.  There are TV's on the treadmill and elliptical machines, and you can plug in your earphones and watch whatever you want.  Then, of course, I have my MP3 player so I can listen to whatever music I want to get me motivated :).

If you have any pointers on websites to go to get different exercise routines/ideas, let me know.  I'm so excited about this new "me" time.  Maybe if I get brave enough, I'll take some "before" pictures of my bad areas so I can track my progress.

This is my gym

No comments:

Post a Comment